Website Waltham Public Schools
Waltham Public Schools seeks an Assistant Superintendent for Finance & Operations. This position supports in setting the strategic direction and providing leadership of financial and operational services within the Waltham Public Schools to support that direction.
The Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations provides leadership to central office administrators, building principals, school committee members, and district staff regarding the day-to-day and long-range management and oversight of the Business Office, Grants, Strategies & Communications, Information & Technology, School Facilities, Food Services, and Parent Information Center, which entails student enrollment, student transportation, and district-wide translation services.
The Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations ensures that all staff members working in these areas provide services of a high quality to constituent groups in an effective and efficient manner. The Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations oversight of district finances includes budgets, grants management, purchasing, insurance, and district, state, and federal reporting. The Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations also provides management oversight of organizational development, contract administration, and collective bargaining to ensure alignment with budgetary resources and system-wide long term financial goals.
Education and Experience:
- Educational Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance degree is required; master’s preferred.
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education School Business Administrator and/or Assistant Superintendent licensure is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in education or municipal finance, including at least three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Exemplary performance and demonstrated leadership in business and finance, municipal financial management, or a school administrative position, such as a Director of Finance, Business Manager, School Principal or one of comparable leadership responsibilities.
- Experience working in a business or school system with a diverse population.
See job posting on Human Resources page at www.walthampublicschools.org for full job description.
To apply for this job please visit wpsd.tedk12.com.