Greater Lowell Technical High School
Summary: Supervises, administers, and coordinates excellent academic, vocational, and technical programs focused on quality curricula, instructional delivery and assessment for learning through a comprehensive analysis of data. Promotes and facilitates a culture of professional learning (PLC) that ensures that all students graduate ready to enter postsecondary education programs and/or begin employment in a vocational technical career path.
Essential Duties; not all inclusive:
1. Ensures that all students receive an equal opportunity to learn and succeed at high levels within the academic, vocational, and technical programs.
2. Leads the development of high performing Professional Learning Community cluster and/or program teams focused on student learning outcomes, collaborative interdependency, and accountability for measurable results as follows:
a. Establishes a common curriculum focused on power standards with common formative and summative assessments.
b. Coordinates the development, by teacher teams, of common end-of-course outcomes and assessments for all courses and subjects.
c. Establishes procedures for grade level and same course teams to formally analyze annual achievement data, set measurable goals, and identify specific areas in need of improvement.
d. Ensure that each cluster or program team sets a schedule for meetings and establishes effective team meeting protocols and procedures for documenting the team’s focus and progress.
e. Coordinate a minimum of quarterly learning walks with teams of teachers and administrators of randomly selected learning environments and generate a candid report of patterns observed for school leaders to review and establish clear expectations for improvements that the team will look for during the next learning walk.
f. Continuously clarify effective team processes and have successful teachers model them at meetings. Recognize and celebrate short-term successes as often as possible and have successful teams provide brief presentations showcasing lessons and units that got great results.
g. Annually review school performance data to identify particularly effective teachers and teams to learn from them and provide opportunities to share their methods and effective practices.
h. Develops, implements, and monitors a tiered “Pyramid Response to Intervention” (PRTI) system that ensures mastery of power standards by all students.
3. Coordinates the administration of the following assessments in collaboration with appropriate administrative and/or cluster chair team members:
c. Acuplacer and/or Acuplacer Diagnostic
4. Manages all aspects of the school’s Learning Management System including the VTE competency reporting component.
5. Coordinates MCAS performance appeals, alternate assessments, and Education Proficiency Plans.
6. Collaborates with appropriate staff to ensure that all academic, vocational, and technical programs remain in alignment with state learning standards and implements continuous improvement initiatives based on a comprehensive annual data analysis as follows:
a. State mandated high stakes testing data (MCAS and/or PARCC)
b. College readiness assessment data (Acuplacer and PARCC)
c. National College Clearinghouse success indicators
d. Attainment of Industry Recognized Credentials (IRCs)
e. SkillsUSA success indicators
f. Cooperative education success indicators
7. Develops and implements strategies to increase the percentage of students attaining advanced and proficient ratings on state mandated high stakes tests.
8. Develops and implements strategies to increase the percentage of graduating students ready for college level work without the need for remedial courses.
9. Develops and implements strategies to increase the percentage of students attaining meaningful VTE Industry Recognized Credentials (IRCs), SkillsUSA occupational specific recognition, and cooperative education employment.
10. Participates actively in the development and implementation of the annual School Improvement Plan.
11. Collaborates with appropriate staff to ensure that professional development programs and opportunities are prioritized and in alignment with school improvement initiatives and goals.
12. Facilitates the integration of academic and vocational technical curriculum.
13. Approves and monitors all curriculum development proposals.
14. Ensures the formative and summative evaluation of all personnel under his/her supervision.
15. Participates in academic course placement decisions.
16. Directs and oversees the annual review and revision of the Program of Studies.
17. Approves the selection of all instructional resources used within all programs, i.e., textbooks, software, videos, etc.
18. Works in conjunction with the Assistant Superintendent/Principal to assign teaching schedules and duty assignments.
19. Performs other duties related to the position as directed by the Assistant Superintendent/Principal and/or Superintendent-Director.
Earned Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
Appropriate administrative licensure, or eligibility for licensure, by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) as a Supervisor/Director.
Minimum of 10 years of successful experience in teaching and/or administration.
Comprehensive understanding of the state mandated high stakes testing system and college/career readiness assessments.
Comprehensive awareness and understanding of statewide academic, vocational, and technical initiatives and the state accountability system.
Demonstrated success improving curriculum design/development and instruction.
Demonstrated success analyzing data and improving college and career readiness success indicators.
Comprehensive awareness and understanding of professional learning culture concepts based on the Professional Learning Community (PLC) education reform model preferred.
Expertise in data analysis and implementing data-driven strategies and initiatives as well as navigating the DESE Educational Data Warehouse system preferred.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Salary: $ 115,644 to $ 134,187 Per Year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com